Skip to main content

Beyond The Tales by Rubina - Chapter 1

Beyond The Tales is a series of blog revolving around the characters Harman and Emma, here is the first chapter stay tuned for more 


Chapter 1
In the past few minutes Harman has checked his phone way too many times but nothing has changed, zero new message, zero calls. He has been waiting for half an hour now and he hasn't heard from Emma yet. 
This time when he lifts his head from his phone screen he watches Emma crossing the road, he is angry at her but deep down he breathes a sigh of relief seeing that she is okay. Harman picks his bag off the ground and starts walking, Emma finally catches up to him. 

"I know you are angry, I am really sorry I am late. These celebs I tell you as always even this one was late for the interview but see I made it on time for your show." Emma works as a page3 journalist in a local newspaper,that is how she first met Harman the famous novelist who she was scheduled to interview and unlike other so called celebs he turned up on time and since then they have been great friends. 

Today Harman is scheduled to speak at a writers workshop.
"You know that I hate being late"
"I know, why didn't you go without me?"
"You know that I can't do this without you" shrugging her hand off his shoulder. Ever since they have been friends Emma has attended all his shows be it a promotional event or a workshop like today. 
"I know, I am sorry I brought you chocolates as a peace offering.” Harman finally looks in Emma’s direction he takes the chocolates from her hand and continues walking. 
“See if you won’t talk to me even after I got all those chocolates for you I won’t talk to you either, Harman I am not talking to you.”
Harman doesn't seem to react as this isn't the first time Emma has blackmailed him saying she won’t talk spoiler alert she aways does. 
“I am not talking to you, do you hear me I ain’t talking you”
“Yay me”
“Oh hello I am not talking to you but can you please talk to me”
Harman finally stops walking looks at Emma and finally breaks his silence 
“I am nervous, I don't know why but I am super nervous”
“I get it going back to school and speaking in front of all those people who know the other you is a bit nerve racking but I don't get why are you so nervous, you are amazing at what you do I have seen you do this N number of times you just keep getting better the only thing that keeps getting worse is your fashion sense, why are you wearing this?”
“Blah, I look awesome and don't you dare say anything about this shirt it is my favourite.” He is wearing the same shirt Emma had brought for him to wear when he was suppose to meet his favourite author at a summit and since that day he wears it on all his important days. 

“Pass that pizza here,stop hogging the whole box,I am starving after that boring workshop.” They both are sitting at Emma’s terrace it’s become a ritual now their day ends there, talking and just sitting there looking at the sky.
 “Thanks ha I am glad you enjoyed the workshop.” Harman replies to Emma in his oh so normal sarcastic tone. 
“Oh come on you know that you were amazing why do I have to tell you this every time?”
“You are my best friend it is your duty to make sure I know I am awesome”
“Blah, awesome and you. At least you are funny”
Harman takes the pizza box from Emma’s hand “Still funny?”

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Airport Romance- Chapter three

This is the moment I know I should say something to her something that would make her feel better, but I am out of words. It is so refreshing to see someone who is so in touch with her emotions. “God, here I am telling you my life story and I don’t even know anything about you. So what are you running from?” saying this her switch has worked again, there is a massive smile on her face and the spark is coming back. “I am running from my work, same old boring story.” “It cannot be that bad, what do you work as?” “ I am an actor.” “An actor, I haven’t met one before, are you any good.” “ Decent, I have a few fans here and there.” “Give me you phone.” “Oh okay, here you go.” I am not sure what she is looking for, but I can see her trying to google something. “You call yourself decent? God how many awards have you won?” “I have  a long way to go trust me.” There it is again she knows I am an actor and just like everyone else she is going to act all weird now. “Lon

Airport Romance- Chapter 7

Kimberly  Thanks to Richard being back in LA doesn’t feel so bad, spending time with him was so much fun. It got fairly late till we got back home all thanks to me, after trying all those ice-creams we hardly had any energy to move till the time I dropped him and got home it was six in the morning. Dad saw me come home when he was leaving for his morning jog, but he didn’t ask anything and nor did I bother to tell him anything. Dad and mom have both been very patient with me, the day when I came back they both where in tears they hugged me and didn’t ask a thing, they did though complain about me not telling them that I was going to be home. We had a nice quiet family dinner that night even my brother Jacob joined us, he is still super annoying and had way too many questions for me luckily mom did put an end to his investigation, I sure did miss my family. I don’t know as of yet if I am going to stay in lA or leave after the wedding so till I come to a conclusion I am going to

Airport Romance- Chapter 8

Kimberly  Marcus has been gone for over an hour now and he still hasn’t called, in the mean time my friends have arrived. Laura and I have been childhood friends and neighbours when we were young. Her father decided to move to Beverly Hills when we were 10, but she got her way and still continued to go to the same school as before which is one of the reasons we have been friends for so long. We  ended up going to the same high school and later she went to Paris for an art course. She now organises art exhibits for established artist , I must say nothing has changed about her she is still head to toe covered with branded clothes though what I like about her is she is super down to earth so wearing a Gucci bag which cost half of peoples monthly wage hasn’t turned her into a snob. Laura’s younger sister Karen and I known each other since I can remember. Laura had stayed over at our place the night her mother was in labour with Karen, I have seen Karen grow in front of my eyes, but w