Skip to main content

Beyond The Tales by Rubina- Chapter 2

Chapter 2 
The Big Day

(If you haven't read Chapter one yet, there you go:
http://rubinac.blogspot.ae/2016/05/beyond-tales-by-rubina.html

Since morning Harman’s phone is been ringing and he has no escaping it, after all it is the big day. Everyone wants to know how the surprise that he has planned for Emma’s birthday is coming along. Harman has been working on it for months now,after all the failed attempts of surprising Emma in the past few years Harman is confident that this year she will be thoroughly surprised as she has no idea what is coming her way. Before he finally reveals the big surprise he first needs to go meet Emma at The Cheese Cake factory for their yearly birthday ritual. 
“Happy Birthday baby elephant” Harman says while giving Emma a hug. 
“Do you really think you should be calling me a baby elephant just before I am planning to get myself a huge cheesecake?”
“I called you a baby elephant, they are cute”
“That they are, this one I will let it slide”
Since this ritual is going on for years now the staff is well aware what is coming their way. 
“We will have two of every cheesecake to go on the menu, and just pick any two cake of your choice for us to have here” Emma tells Adam who is taking their order. 
“What do you think it will be this year, I hope it is an Oreo Cheesecake” says Harman. 
“You wish for the same thing each year”
“I know but we never get it but this year I am sure it is going to be Oreo Cheesecake”
“I hope your right about it.”
After a long wait they can finally see Adam walking towards them with the tray, as soon as he puts down the tray Harman yells “It an Oreo cheesecake, it is an Oreo cheesecake” Everyone else in the room who are staring at these two weirdoes who are happy seeing an Oreo cheesecake don’t know that they both never eat at the cheesecake factory except on their birthdays, they never have had a sweet tooth so the randomly picked cheesecake for them is a huge deal. The rest of the cakes like every year are sent for the people who work at the animal sheather that Emma is really found of. 

After a long day at work, Emma is finally walking towards Harman’s house “I think it will be a theme party this year or may be he has made me a video those things are really popular these days, I hope there is a chocolate fountain in the party” Emma’s thought are running wild as she is trying hard to guess what she should be expecting. As she walks into Harman’s living room to her surprise she finds the house is well lit and there isn't any decoration and darn even the chocolate fountain is missing. 
“Harman where are you? please don't tell me a no party is my party this year.”
As she makes her way to the terrace she can’t believe her eyes, she hasn't seen anything so amazing all her life. In the middle of the terrace there is a cute puppy waiting for her in the basket. 
“You didn't not just do that.” saying she runs towards the puppy with tears of joy in her eyes. She lifts the puppy in her hand and she can’t stop crying. Finally she notices there is a note next to the basket saying 
I know what you are thinking and the answer is yes, this puppy is yours and you are going to be taking this little monster home tonight. Now I know you are worried that your mom is going to freak out but I got that covered. As a birthday gift to you I convinced  aunty to let you have a dog, ya ya I know I am awesome.Welcome your newest member to the family my baby elephant, happy birthday.
P.S. I know you were excepting a chocolate fountain :p
“So what are we naming him?” asked Harman who has been standing in one corner watching the whole surprise unfold. 
“How about Oreo?” said Emma who still can’t stop crying. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Airport Romance- Chapter three

This is the moment I know I should say something to her something that would make her feel better, but I am out of words. It is so refreshing to see someone who is so in touch with her emotions. “God, here I am telling you my life story and I don’t even know anything about you. So what are you running from?” saying this her switch has worked again, there is a massive smile on her face and the spark is coming back. “I am running from my work, same old boring story.” “It cannot be that bad, what do you work as?” “ I am an actor.” “An actor, I haven’t met one before, are you any good.” “ Decent, I have a few fans here and there.” “Give me you phone.” “Oh okay, here you go.” I am not sure what she is looking for, but I can see her trying to google something. “You call yourself decent? God how many awards have you won?” “I have  a long way to go trust me.” There it is again she knows I am an actor and just like everyone else she is going to act all weird now. “Lon

Dublin's Musical Talet: Jake Suleman

Dublin is one of the most musically sound country  that I have ever visited. If you ever visit Dublin have to visit Temple Bar, the place is so musically sound that it will make you fall in love with it.  Dublin is the place where I came across one of the most amazing and versatile singer till date Jake Suleman. The vocal strength that  Jake is blessed with is unbelievable, he can hit some really high notes and so effortlessly that it will leave you amazed.  Jake has an amazing strength to keep his audience at their toes,his music helps him connect with audience of all ages. How much I saw Jake looks musically sounds because he ended up playing every dedication that was made that evening.  He played my dedication "All of Me" by John Legend, needless to say he was absolutely flawless his ability to give his own personal touch to each song that he plays makes him stand out.  Check him out: https://www.facebook.com/jakesuleman88/videos/647966355304067/ You can conne

Airport Romance- Chapter 8

Kimberly  Marcus has been gone for over an hour now and he still hasn’t called, in the mean time my friends have arrived. Laura and I have been childhood friends and neighbours when we were young. Her father decided to move to Beverly Hills when we were 10, but she got her way and still continued to go to the same school as before which is one of the reasons we have been friends for so long. We  ended up going to the same high school and later she went to Paris for an art course. She now organises art exhibits for established artist , I must say nothing has changed about her she is still head to toe covered with branded clothes though what I like about her is she is super down to earth so wearing a Gucci bag which cost half of peoples monthly wage hasn’t turned her into a snob. Laura’s younger sister Karen and I known each other since I can remember. Laura had stayed over at our place the night her mother was in labour with Karen, I have seen Karen grow in front of my eyes, but w